Sunday 6 July 2014

Trees and Hedges.

With the next Crisis point game due in September I thought it was time to start on some basic terrain items we might need for the game. Some time ago I purchased a bag of 100 trees from a Chinese company on ebay for only a few quid. 


Not the best looking trees, but for 5p each still a bargain. The picture doesn't show it but they are a very bright green. Since you can never have too many trees I have tried to improve them a little with the following results.


Before and after.
  With plenty of PVA glue and some scatter to fill in the spaces between the bands of folliage and then a quick spray with some green paint I now have a tree that looks, to my eye, a bit more like a tree.
 As well as doing some trees I've had a go at some hedges. Lolly sticks for bases  textured with some sand, a quick paint and some Woodland scenics  clump foliage glued onto them. Quick and easy and not too bad looking.


Only a hundred more to go!

4 comments:

  1. Excellent. Thinking of doing some hedges like that myself.

    Cheers, Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Steve, glad to see you posting again. Blimey if Mr Canham is starting on hedges he will probably have 2500 done by 10.30pm tonight the speed he works. We will need lots of trees and hedges for this years game. The more trees we can get the better the terrain will look. I have started on some using a cheap witches broom I bought after last years Halloween and some Woodland Scenics clump foliage. I will post some pictures soon. Keep up the good work, will we be seeing some more of your US forces soon?
    Cheers
    Richard P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks gents.I'am hoping to have quite a bit of hedging done for Septembers game, maybe as much as fifty feet! I've also got a 100 of the cheap Chinese trees to modify. As for the Americans they have all been cleaned up and put onto bases ready to start painting, just waiting for an order from Scotia and I can crack on, even doing some airborne.
    Cheers
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait the table is going to look superb. Looking forward to seeing your Americans take shape, like the idea of the airborne.
    Cheers
    Richard P

    ReplyDelete